On behalf of Coalition Protecting Auto No-Fault, we invite you to join CPAN, a broad based bipartisan coalition of healthcare providers, consumer advocate groups, and individuals working together in the courts and legislature to uphold the rights for quality medical care and rehabilitation under the Michigan no-fault system. It is only because of our member support, we were able to accomplish so much over the past 10 years. Here are just a few highlights:
- Put the brakes on devastating auto no-fault bills.
- Filed and argued a lawsuit against the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association (MCCA) to open its records to public scrutiny.
- Released vital economic impact studies highlighting the effects of proposed changes to auto no-fault on the Michigan healthcare provider industry, taxpayers and auto accident survivors and their families.
- Engaged an economist to review the role of the MCCA.
- Submitted amicus briefs on no-fault related cases for contemplation by the courts.
- Coordinated meetings with legislators.
- Facilitated the efforts of a no-fault lobbyist work group.
- Coordinated grassroots advocacy efforts throughout the state including town hall events, individual meetings with legislators and letter writing campaigns.
- Executed a vast earned media campaign featuring press releases, media round tables, letters-to-the-editor, radio interviews, op-ed articles, and TV coverage.
Join us as we protect Michigan’s no-fault benefits for accident victims
There is auto no-fault legislation being discussed in Lansing that would significantly alter Michigan’s current no-fault insurance system. While these proposed changes would provide cost savings for insurance companies, they would do nothing to require a reduction in costs for consumers. Here are a 10 ways you can help protect Michigan’s no-fault benefits for all Michiganders.
Step 1: Learn More
Learn more about the issues CPAN is following and how they impact accident victims.
Step 2: Write your Legislators
Write a letter to your state senator and representative telling them to VOTE NO on legislation that is bad for drivers, workers, taxpayers and Michigan.
Step 3: Share your Story
Share your personal story with CPAN and your representatives.
Step 4: Download our App
Download the FREE CPAN Michigan Legislative App for your smart phone to search for your representative or senator. (Android App on Google Play and Iphone App in the App Store). Search CPAN Michigan Legislative App.
Step 5: Write a Letter to the Editor
Write a letter to the editor of your local paper discussing the impact of auto no-fault legislation. (Contact CPAN to get you started.)
Step 6: Join our coalition
Join the Coalition Protecting Auto No-Fault.
Step 7: Invite your legislators to visit
Invite your legislators to your facility or a tour your operations if you are a provider.
Step 8: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter
Step 9: Share our Facebook posts and Tweets
Post information about our issues on your personal Facebook page, Twitter account or blog and participate in the conversation.
Step 10: Share this List
Share this list of ways to help protect Michigan’s no-fault system for accident victims with friends, family and colleagues.
Please, show your support by joining CPAN today! As a member you will receive regular members-only updates on no-fault activities in the courts and legislature and information about how these changes could affect you. The CPAN website is a great resource and includes members-only access to publications, news, member activities and more. If you have any questions about membership or other issues please call 517-882-1096. Your support is needed now to preserve no-fault; we look forward to having you as a member. You need a strong coalition fighting for YOUR interest and CPAN is the TRUSTED voice of no-fault.